Yes! At Neto we are happy to work with 3rd party designers and developers.
To ensure that we can quickly and efficiently integrate your design with our system we like to offer the following guidelines and tips:
- Design within the parameters of a grid system. At Neto we use the framework Bootstrap which includes a grid system. You can download grid templates for Photoshop, Fireworks and more from the 960 Grid System Website (download button is located top left).
- Provide your design files in a layered PSD (Photoshop) file format ready for cutting and coding. Also try to keep your layers organised - the easier it is for us to cut up the quicker we can jump in to coding!
- It’s a good idea to provide a simple document or wireframe outlining content types and special behaviours throughout your design. For instance; do you need those up-sell products in the sidebar to be manually controlled, or would you rather have that content automatically generated? Does that image have a special hover effect? Do you need to control the text in that banner via our CMS or is it okay to be a flat image?
- Make sure the fonts in your design are standard web safe fonts. Alternatively, for more variety, we can also work with free services such as Google Web Fonts or FontSquirrel, or paid services such as Fonts.com.
- Remember an e-commerce website design often needs to be flexible and adapt along with the dynamic content that it holds. It also needs to be quick and responsive. Elaborate background images and details are fine but keep in mind shoppers often value speed.