This support article requires the Customer User Groups addon from Neto’s addon store.
You can assign customers to different Customer User Groups to allow different product prices, access to products/pages on your site and also what payment methods they can use.
With Customer User Groups you can:
- Assign different pricing to:
- Customers (i.e. retail / wholesale customers)
- Sales Channels (i.e. eBay / webstore)
- Restrict products, product categories and other content pages based on the Customer User Group assigned to the customer.
- Select which payment methods are available to each Customer User Group.
- Set a minimum total amount for orders placed by a customer.
- Use the Customer User Group to trigger discounts or free products.
- Send monthly statements based on their User Group.
Setting up Customer User Groups is not the best solution for everyone. You may alternatively benefit from creating user specific discounts or setting up a discount coupon instead.
By default there are six different groups for customers - A, B, C, D, E and F. You can change the names of each group and add new groups.
To change the name of the groups, navigate to Setup & Tools > All settings & tools
> Click on the Customers
tab and click on Customer Groups
By default, all customers are assigned to group A. To change a customer’s group:
- In your control panel, go to Customers > View customers & prospects.
- Click on the username of a customer.
- In the User Details section select the group under User Group.
- Save the change.