Kitting or bundling is the process in which individually separate but related items are grouped, packaged, and supplied together as one unit. For example a value pack or gift hamper that contains multiple products that are sold as an individual SKU.
Creating an editable kit (where customers can chose what components make up a product) is exactly the same as creating a fixed kit (where customer do not get to chose
what components make up a product) with two important differences:
1. You can set a fixed price or let the items in the kit determine the price.
2. You have to enable this feature on the product page.
- Go to:
Products> add new products
- Add a product of the type “Product built from one or more other products”
- Enter a unique SKU or code, name, price and category for your kit / bundle
If you are creating an editable kit where the components determine the price, leave the price at $0.
If you are offering an editable kit for a fixed price, enter the fixed price.
- Continue to next step
- Add images and description information
- Scroll down to the “Kitting” section
- Add items (products) to your kit / bundle by searching your database for available SKUs
- You can add one or many items to a kit / bundle and different quantities for each
- Enable the edit function by selecting the box "editable kit"
Last Modified: 29/10/2015
Related Articles & Videos