To use the Temando freight aggregator with Neto, you must have a Temando account.
First, complete the Temando setup form found here: Temando Setup Form
This request will be submitted to Temando for API access to be enabled, once this is request has been actioned Neto staff member will link your Temando account to your Neto control panel, and you will be notified by email.
Setting up Temando is broken down into four steps:
- setup a shipping service
- setup carrier labelling
- create a shipping method
- advanced config
Setup a shipping service:
1. Navigate to Shipping > Shipping Services & Rates > Add Shipping Service
(Charge Type: Third Party Shipping Rate)
2. Name the method, and set it to “Active”. You can also configure any levies and allowances to be applied to the shipping method.
3. In the “3rd Party Calculators” area, select “Temando” in the calculator field, then choose the service from the the service name field. This information is populated based on the carriers allocated to your Temando account. (For this example, we have chosen TNT Road Express).
You will also need to populate the pick up postcode, suburb and state. An additional drop down is configured with “business” and “residence” options. This helps Neto define between business to business and business to consumer services.
4. Choose shipping zone. Selecting the “Australia” zone will make the option available throughout the country, and the API will exclude any areas not serviced by the courier. You are able to configure custom zones or limit zones if you prefer.
5. Save & close.
Setup Carrier Labelling
1. Navigate to Shipping > Label & Carrier Config > Add New > Temando API
2. Enter your Temando credentials (same details that are used for the Temando dashboard).
3. Complete the “Carrier & Account Details” section:
- choose a name (typically the same as the name of the shipping service, for ease of use)
- choose a “ship from” location. This field is populated by addresses stored in your Temando address book. If no options are available, you will first have to add one.
- select the “shipping service” to map to. In this example it is “Temando - TNT Road Express”
4. Complete the “Manifest & Label Settings” section
- options should be configured as per the example. You can choose to increase the max number of consignments and articles if you wish.
- payment type “account” or “credit” must be chosen. “Account” must only be selected if you have pre-negotiated post-paid terms. The credit option is for auto top up from a credit card.
- carrier ID must be the same service chosen in step 4 of the service setup - in this example it is TNT Road Express.
- Select “No” under “Print Labels on A4 Paper” if you are using a thermal printer, and “Yes” if you are using a laser printer.
5. Save & close.
Note: The “API Details” section is populated when you enter your credentials initially. You should only update this if there is a change to your username/apssword.
Create a Shipping Method
1. Navigate to Shipping > Shipping Methods > Add New > Add New Method
2. Populate the method details. Typically the method name would be the same as the service name, as in this example, but this information is see by your customers, so you may wish to name it differently. The method must be set to “Active”, and the method visibility configured. You may also configure the method further, according to your requirements.
3. Map your shipping category to your shipping service. Most clients will just be using the “default” shipping category, but if you have additional categories, you can use the “Add Shipping Category” button.
4. Save & Close
1. Navigate to Admin > System Setup > Admin > Advanced Config
2. Search for "Temando" in the "name" field, and then update the username and password.
Check Your Setup
1. Navigate to Shipping > Shipping Matrix Overview to view all shipping methods currently setup in the system. You can view the “active” and “visible” status from this screen. If you have correct setup all elements of the matrix, then your shipping option should display a green tick on the right hand side. If there are errors, these will be highlighted in yellow, and will display a link to what needs to be fixed.