Return Merchandise Authorisation’s (RMA’s) are created against orders when customers return items or when orders need to be credited.
By creating an RMA you are able to track the progress of a return through the system, credit the customer if required and take the appropriate action against the stock item (i.e. return the item to stock, write off etc).
From the Neto dashboard, navigate to Sales Orders > View Orders.
Open the order you want to create an RMA for and click on the “RMA or Credit” button on the top left hand side.
The RMA details screen will appear and you will be prompted to fill out the request form.
- Fill out the Qty Returned and press the Calculate button on the right hand side under Credit Amount column.
- Enter the reason and outcomes. Use this section to keep track of the RMA, determine what you wish to do with the stock and the outcome for the customer. If you need to come back to the RMA later, from the Neto dashboard simply navigate to Sales Orders > Returns & credits.
- Add the shipping cost if you intend on refunding or crediting these costs.
- There is an option to email the RMA to the customer.
- Scroll to the bottom click Save & Add RMA button.
- Once you are ready to process the RMA, Scroll back to the bottom and press Close RMA, Issue Credits & Generate Adjustment Note.
Once the RMA is closed and an outcome chosen the total credit amount will be applied to the customer’s account as account credit. This credit can then be paid out as a refund from the customer’s account page.
Once an RMA is closed you can:
- Print or send adjustment notes to customers
- Create an order from the RMA (allows you to quickly create an order for replacement goods)
- Refund the value of the credit created from the RMA