- Click the Admin tab at the top right of any screen in Google Analytics.
- If you are not already on the Account Administration screen, click the All Accounts link at top left, just below the orange bar.
- Click the account that contains the web property and view for which you want to set up Site Search.
- Click the web property that contains the view for which you want to set up Site Search.
- Use the View menu to select the view you want.
- Click the View Settings sub-tab.
- Under Site Search Settings, select Do Track Site Search.
- In the Query Parameter field, enter the parameter "kw" (without the quotes).
- Select to strip the query parameter from your URL.
- Select whether or not you use categories, such as drop-down menus to refine a site search.
Select No, you are finished. Click Save Changes.
Content for this article was sourced from: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012264?hl=en
Last Modified: 28/09/2017