Setting up a simple Shipping Matrix using the Shipping Wizard Tool couldn’t be easier.
2. For this example, select Australia Post from the Use Realtime Carrier Calculator (API) section. You will be taken to Step 2. Location and Account Details.
This sections allows you to set your Pick Up location or our “From Address”. This allows the Shipping Carriers API to correctly calculate the Shipping Rates based on your location. Neto Supports the ability to set multiple locations, in the event you have products shipping from multiple locations or warehouses.
Neto already includes default Australia Post Location and Account settings, so we will need to update them to match your location. Click Edit to open the Location and Account settings.
This is the same process as “Adding” a new Location and Account for another Carrier, you would just need to click Add New.
3. Complete the relevant details on the Location and Account settings section and click Okay and then Next.
4. This will take you to the the Shipping Carrier Services section. From here, you can select the Shipping Services you would like to set up for that specific carrier and click Next.
Pro Tip: Neto displays all available Shipping Carrier Services provided through the respective API, however, we do not recommend settings all of them up. Be selective with what you choose to provide to your customers. Too many options may confuse and scare them, as well as slow down Shipping Cost calculations through the API. Remember, Keep It Simple.
5. The Shipping Method Names and Description allows you to Name and Describe your Shipping Methods. These Names and Descriptions will be visible to your customers on your Web Store. Name your Shipping Methods and add some Descriptions and click Next.
Neto will try to automatically Name your Shipping Methods, but won’t always get it just right. Spend some time thinking about how you want these options to display to your customers. Too little information or too much information may scare off prospective buyers. Check some of your favourite online stores to see what they are doing.
6. The Naming and Availability section allows you to set two very important factors:
In this instance will Set all methods to be visible to customers and because we know Australia Post delivers to PO Boxes, we will change this setting to allow that. Click Next.
7. The Special Pricing Rules allows you to override the calculated shipping price with pricing rules. Set your Special Pricing Rules and click Next.
Eg: Set “Free” shipping when an order subtotal is greater than “x”.
8. Finally you will be presented with the Overview section which provides you with and overview of all the Methods you will be creating. Click Complete Setup.