What is Drop Shipping?
Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in all retail businesses, the retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price.
Over the past few years Neto has developed a system to properly manage drop shipping for both those selling drop shipped goods (retailers) and those receiving drop ship orders (wholesalers).
Drop Shipping For Wholesalers
Offer an advanced drop shipping service to your re-sellers that allows them to:
- Access custom inventory feeds to update their inventory in real time
- Bulk upload orders into your system - automatically (via FTP) or manually (file upload)
- Have their logo and company information printed on address labels, packing slips and con-notes you send with their orders.
Drop Shipping For Retailers
Sell drop shipped items on your own website. With Neto you can fully automate the entire drop ship process from start to finish:
- Allow your suppliers to update your drop shipped inventory via scheduled inventory data feeds.
- Automatically send suppliers paid order notifications via e-mail
- Create custom order download files for suppliers to use with their systems
- Upload order updates / tracking information from supplier systems
- Providing a secure portal for suppliers to login to process orders on your behalf.
- Suppliers can also print packing slips, invoices, consignment notes etc from within their supplier control panel.