Am I a Spammer?Email marketing refers to:
- Direct emails designed to acquire new customers or persuade existing customers to purchase from you again
- Direct emails designed to encourage customer loyalty and enhance the customer relationship
- Placing your marketing messages or advertisements in emails sent by other people (i.e. 3rd party email marketing services)
- Automated list management
- Email templates
- Powerful reporting
- Multivariate testing
- And more….
Neto’s Anti-Spam and Abuse Related RulesDefinition of SPAM: We have adopted the definition of Spam set forth on the Spamhaus website at http://www.spamhaus.org/definition.html. The first line of the Spamhaus definition reads: The word "Spam" as applied to email means Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE).
It is a concern to us if you use Neto or related services to send any unsolicited email to anyone with whom you have no relationship. It is much more of a concern, and more likely to cause our system to be blocked by various ISP's, for you to send an unsolicited email to an entire list of people you don't know.
What Kind of Email Addresses Are NOT OK?
- You do not have explicit, provable permission to contact in relation to the topic of the email you're sending.
- You bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired your email list from a third party, no matter what they claim about quality or permission. You need to obtain permission yourself.
- You scraped or copied and pasted from the web.