Applying For a Merchant FacilityWhen you apply for a merchant facility with your bank or financial institution you may be asked to complete a Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) as well as provide proof that your service providers are PCI compliant. In such cases you can request a copy of Neto's Attestation of Compliance and latest PCI compliant scan reports from its authorised scanning vendor, Comodo.
In addition to these documents you will also need to complete a PCI Compliance Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) of your own. SAQ A is the correct SAQ for Neto merchants to complete provided they are hosted with Neto and are using the latest version of the Neto E-commerce Suite.
Prior to submitting your merchant application you will also need to ensure that you have a live or testing website setup with the following pages active:
- About Us – explains what your company is all about, where it is located and what products it sells
- Privacy & Security Policy – explains how you manage your customer’s personal information including how you secure this information.
- Terms and Conditions – explains the terms and conditions users of your website must agree to if they wish to use your website.
- Contact Details – contains your physical and postal address as well as your phone number(s)
- Shipping Rates & Times– explains your shipping rates and estimated delivery times.
- Returns Policy – explains what your returns policy is and the steps customers should take to return items.
Obtaining a Merchant FacilityWhen choosing a bank to obtain your merchant facility from, you may also need to choose a payment gateway (a 3rd party that acts as the connector between your bank and website). Some merchant facilities such as NAB transact and ANZ eGate include their own payment gateways, negating the need for you to utilize a 3rd party payment gateway.
Neto integrates with and recommends the following payment gateways:
- eWay (www.eway.com.au)
- Securepay (www.securepay.com.au)
- Camtech (www.camtech.com.au)
- Securepay Tech (www.securepaytech.com)
Benefits of Payment Gateways
- Security (All of the above gateways are PCI Data Security Standard (DSS) compliant)
- Ability to store credit cards for recurring or triggered payments (Ideal for wholesale or subscription model businesses)
- Inbuilt fraud prevention tools
- Reconciliation reports
- NAB and NAB Transact
- ANZ and ANZ eGate
Once You Have Been Approved By Your BankMerchant facilities can take up to 2 weeks to be approved. Once your bank has approved your application, you will need to forward the merchant ID and terminal ID you receive from your bank to your chosen payment gateway so that they can complete setup. This process usually takes about 24 hours. Once the gateway has completed setup they will email you with your live transaction ID and password. You can enter these directly into your Neto administration control panel to activate your credit card processing facility. If you are not utilizing a 3rd party gateway (eg: NAB Transact or ANZ eGate), these institutions will provide you with transaction ID’s and passwords directly.