Once registered, point your domain(s) to your Neto e-commerce shop. Neto allows you to point multiple domains to your e-commerce shop for no additional charge.
If possible your domain name should be the same as your trading name - this is best practice, but not essential. If you are able to secure a popular domain name that is not the same as your business name, it would make sense to utilize this instead. For example if your acquired “Books.com” and your business name was “ABC Book Shop”, “Books.com” would be an excellent domain name to use.
Where to Register Domain NamesThe following are popular domain name registrars in Australia:
- Melbourne IT (http://www.melbourneit.com)
- Crazy Domains (http://www.crazydomains.com.au)
- Planet Domains (http://www.planetdomains.com.au)
What Do You Need To Register A Domain Name In Australia?To register a “.com.au” domain name in Australia you will need:
- A registered business name
- An Australian Company Number (ACN) or Australian Business Number (ABN)