In Neto, Customers can be created through the control panel, when they checkout and they can also be imported into the system. In this short video we are going to take a look at creating customers through the control panel.
To create a new customer from the control panel:
- Navigate to customers and then select add customer.
- Enter a username for the customer which is what they will use to log into Neto.
- There is the ability to free text a password for the customer on their behalf or you can automatically generate one for them by selecting random password.
- A great idea is to tick the checkbox that says email password to user so that they receive an email with their login details.
- Select the active checkbox if this is going to be an active customer.
- There’s also a field on the right hand side to sign the customer up to automatically receive newsletters.
- On the right hand side there’s even a flag to make this person a VIP.
- Select the checkboxes that are relevant to this customer.
- Enter a company and URL (if required). Usually this information only needs to be entered if the customer is shopping on behalf of a company.
- Enter the customer’s name into the relevant fields.
- Enter the customer’s contact details such as email address and phone number.
- There’s also a field for an ABN number if the customer is a company. If you have user groups setup for different types of customers ensure you select the correct one from the drop down.
- Select any permissions, order types, account manager and other details using the relevant fields.
- If you would like to add a note to this customer’s card that can only be seen by staff enter these notes into the internal note field.
- There is a field to enter in any referral information as required.
- Enter in any preferred payment details including invoice terms, discounts and preferred payment methods.
- Select Save when complete.
- The customer’s card will now display.
No Results Found
Last Modified: 06/06/2017