In this short video we are going to take a look at publishing Blogs. Blogs are a great way to update your customers on recent news or events involving your business and the industry. Blogs should be conversational in styling and be frequently updated with new content to have the best effect. Blogs have many features including the ability to appear on menus, be visible in site maps, require a login to access in addition to allowing reviews and comments. You can also associate blog posts to other posts and pages. They can also feature in searches through the use of Search Engine Optimisation.
Let’s take a look at how we can create and publish a new blog:
- From the Control Panel; Select Webstore.
- Select Blog Post.
- The blog post screen will now display where you can see all of the blog posts that have previously been created.
- Select Add new to create a new blog.
- In this example I’m going to select the parent content of our blog.
- Enter a name for your blog. This should be something eye catching that will draw people in.
- Add an author for the blog.
- Select the date that this blog will be posted.
- Enter a URL or leave this field blank so that Neto will automatically create one for you.
- Over on the right is a list of options available. To display the blog on your website ensure the active checkbox is ticked. When this checkbox is not ticked the blog will not display.
- The visible in menu checkbox means that this blog will display in menus.
- Visible on sitemap checkbox means that this site will display on the sitemap list.
- When the require login checkbox is ticked this means that the customer must be logged in to view this content.
- Having the allow reviews and comments checkbox ticked allows your customers to write comments and reviews on this blog.
- Next thing to do is to add your content. Navigate down to the what you see is what you get editor. This where you can add your content. Remember to make your content more conversational in style to make it more inviting to read.
- Enter your content into the editor and use the formatting options in the toolbar to get the look you want. You can even paste your content in which you may have created using another program.
- Add an image into your blog by selecting add image.
- Select upload to upload an image from your computer.
- Locate the image to upload and then select send it to the server prior to selecting OK.
- Continue to add content using the what you see is what you get editor until complete.
- Select continue.
- Add a subtitle and short description for your blog. This will assist in grabbing the attention of the reader.
- Adding an image in this section of your blog will display as a feature image and an automatically generated thumbnail when you link the post to social media.
- Related categories are a great way to link your blog post to a category. This is great as you can even link your blog post to the about us page or even link it to a product category which would be a great idea if the blog was about a product.
- The visible to user groups is where you can select which users have access to your blog. For example if you have both retail and wholesale customers you may like just your wholesale customers to see this particular blog.
- To boost your website and your blog we highly suggest you complete the Search Engine Optimisation or SEO fields.
- When you’ve completed your blog, ensure the active checkbox is ticked and then select save. The blog has now been published on your website.
- To view your blog select view on website. Your blog will now display
No Results Found
Last Modified: 18/07/2018