Meta descriptions are HTML attributes that provide concise explanations of the contents of web pages. Meta descriptions are commonly used on search engine result pages (SERPs) to display preview snippets for a given page. It is important to add meta data to your most relevant pages (e.g. your Home page).
You can add meta data to any page on your Neto web shop / website.
- Go to the product, category or content page you want to add SEO meta data to.
- Scroll down to the SEO section.
- Populate the related SEO meta fields.
- SEO Page Title - A title tag is the main text that describes an online document. It is the second most important on–page SEO element (the most important being overall content), and appears in three key places: browsers, search engine results pages, and external websites. A maximum amount of 70 characters will display in the search results. The engines will show an ellipsis, "..." to indicate that a title tag has been cut off.
- SEO Meta Keywords - Meta keywords are ignored by all major search engines. We do not recommend populating this field.
- SEO Meta Description - Meta description tags, while not important to search engine rankings, are extremely important in gaining user click-through from SERPs. Meta descriptions can be any length, but search engines generally truncate snippets longer than 160 characters. It is best to keep meta descriptions between 150 and 160 characters.
- SEO Page Heading - This field overwrites the pages <h1> tag, which is by default the product / page name.
- SEO Canonical URL - If you have multiple pages with the same content, you can tell search engines to index the page using this URL.
You can also customise the URL that is created for every page by unticking the Automatic URL box and entering your own custom URL. Look for the URL section on the page you are editing.
The page / content URL field is located in the Naming section while it is in the SEO section for products.