Customer User Groups is an Add-On. If you don't see them when viewing a customer card you can install the Add-on.
You can assign customers to different Customer User Groups to allow different product prices, access to products/pages on your site and also what payment methods they can use.
With Customer User Groups you can:
- Assign different pricing to:
- Customers (i.e. retail / wholesale customers)
- Sales Channels (i.e. eBay / webstore)
- Restrict products, product categories and other content pages based on the Customer User Group assigned to the customer.
- Select which payment methods are available to each Customer User Group.
- Set a minimum total amount for orders placed by a customer.
- Use the Customer User Group to trigger discounts or free products.
- Send monthly statements based on their User Group.
By default there are six different groups for customers - A, B, C, D, E and F. You can change the names of each group and add new groups.
By default, all customers are assigned to group A. To change a customer's group:
- In your control panel, go to Customers > View All Customers.
- Click on the username of a customer.
- In the User Details section select the group under User Group.
- Save the change.